Spring Snowflakes in Toronto (watercolour 4 x 6 in)

On 23 March, from a hotel room just north of Highway 401 at Markham Rd in Toronto, I was working at my laptop by the window, happily working alone while Fred and Cheryl were away at a turtle conservation meeting.  Suddenly, the bleak paved-over landscape became animated by huge snowflakes floating down like handkerchiefs - shallowly cone-shaped like Queen Annes Lace.  I drew the snowflakes first!  As I painted, the snow stopped, leaving nary a trace on the above-freezing roof below me, and the scene became still again except for the vague flapping of the tangled wet flags, and the intermittent movement of vehicles, the scene became still again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sturgeon Chute, Upper Rapids (oil on canvas, 12 x 16 in.) Sold

Cooper Marsh Late August

Little Marsh in Limerick