Working on Commissions

18 December finds me at the easel indoors, getting caught up on my commissions - "remastering" some of my Biodiversity Painting miniatures for people who want them larger.

It's sunny outside today with the temperature rising, almost persuading me to paint outdoors, which I haven't done for weeks (having been busy with trying to sell our building) - but plein air painting's no way to fulfil my commissions!

There is news of inclement weather all over the world - cold and heavy snow in Europe and the United Kingdom and various kinds of inclement weather elsewhere, disrupting transportation.
 
In my painting I am revisiting the evening before Hurricane Earl hit Nova Scotia when we were there at the beginning of September.  It is exciting to use large brushes and bold strokes. The proportion of this 20 x 24  canvas is a bit wider than my miniature 5 x 7, so the composition shifts a little, reducing the height of the sky and bringing the figures (there will be two of them) up a bit higher than in the first painting 

If I don't do a plein air miniature before the 26th of December, I'll certainly do one then, as for several years that has been my personal gift to myself on my birthday - my expression of ME.  Wach for it!

Comments

  1. The commission is finished, and you can view the new painting by clicking on the orange "Commissions" tab beneath the title at the top of this blog webpage. http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/p/commissions.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think of this painting, and what do you know about the subject that I have painted?

Popular posts from this blog

Sturgeon Chute, Upper Rapids (oil on canvas, 12 x 16 in.) Sold

Cooper Marsh Late August

Little Marsh in Limerick