The View From Libby's Porch (oil on canvas, 4 x 6 in.)

26 March 2010
This is Libby's favorite view.  She lives on the third floor of a house on the highest point of Hull, Quebec, and enjoys views to the south, west, and north from her porch and bedroom window.  Across the river from Hull is Ottawa, and through this triangular space between roofs, the lights of the nation's capital come in as the last blush of sunset  leaves the windows of the office towers just to the west of the Parliament buildings.  At first I thought that I wouldn't include the wires, but then I realized that they added a strong structural element to the composition.  I did finish this painting in Libby's bedroom, after downloading my camera to my laptop - as it quickly became too dark to paint on the porch..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sturgeon Chute, Upper Rapids (oil on canvas, 12 x 16 in.) Sold

Cooper Marsh Late August

Little Marsh in Limerick