Hansman Lake (oil on canvas 5 x 7 in.) SOLD!

28 May finds us at Dad's favorite parking spot - Hansman Lake near Provost, Alberta - a little to the south and west of New Battleford, Saskatchewan.  This part of the lake curves in a semi-circle, and from the access road, you can choose any of three views.  I chose this one, in the teeth of a rainy wind - or is it a windy rain... and paint from the window at the table.

I take a quick foray to the waters edge when the rain lightens a bit, but still must clutch my journal to my chest and shield the lens of the camera with my hand, as "not very much rain" iss still pretty wet and windy.  A pair of Avocets are feeding, swishing their elegantly upcurved bills through the water to sift out tiny invertebrates.

The rain becomes heavy again, and I retire to the motorhome to continue my painting.  On the slope of the grassy bank I step past large flowered purple Violets with narrow spade-shaped leaves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sturgeon Chute, Upper Rapids (oil on canvas, 12 x 16 in.) Sold

Cooper Marsh Late August

Little Marsh in Limerick