3 May finds me on the phone, noting a contact about trailer hitches, and munching an apple. This will be a full day of multitasking in preparation for the departure of the 30 Years Later Expedition in the direction of Cochrane Ontario. We hope to be on the road sometime during the day on Tuesday, and if all goes well, I'll do the first of this week's paintings on Tuesday evening.
Dumoine Serenity
"Dumoine Serenity" (8 x 8 in. oil on canvas) 5 August 2021 started out foggy just as yesterday. I stepped carefully barefoot down my little trail to the river edge just before 08:00 to see if I could see a misty morning scene to paint. Everything was blurry except foreground Sweet Gale and Alder bushes, and the bright flecks of foam floating lazily down from the mouth of a creek, or the churning canyon of La Grande Chute. I took a few photos and went up to breakfast, during which the sun burned through, heralding another hot day. Now at 09:30 all the mist is gone, leaving a blue haze on the forested hills and a white haze in the sky, with a faintest tint of blue overhead and a brassy glare to the east… and that’s my morning scene, to the east. My focal point will be the glossy black river where it snakes past the far end of a narrow island, between a leaning White Pine and a golden-tipped stand of grasses, backed by the blue forest and it’s downswept skyline against the brig...

Comments
Post a Comment
What do you think of this painting, and what do you know about the subject that I have painted?