NEW! Aleta Karstad's Nature Journal Calendar 2018

My art calendar for 2018 shares full pages of my illustrated nature journals for the first time - twelve pages selected from the years 1984-1998, when I painted and wrote in a horizontal, loose-leaf format. My journals speak for themselves, but the process is a labour of love. As I draw, paint, and describe nature, I pursue reality as if it were a vein of gold - if I depart from the details, I may lose the essence. That eye, that scale, that bract or petal, is unique to its time and place - and we become one, the observer and the observed. Spiral bound, and printed on smooth, heavy stock, this is a quality calendar, one that I hope you'll want to add to your library of art books after its months are finished on your wall. You can see all 12 months in the preview on its page at Lulu.com - and a 13th month as well, with my essay on illustrated nature journaling.


for $19.95 plus taxes and shipping, 

....or contact me and I will send you an autographed calendar for $25 plus shipping.



Here is the spread for June, one of the many pages I sketched and painted while hiking in British Columbia's Okanagan Valley with my father.

Wishing you all the best throughout the holidays and 2018,

Aleta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sturgeon Chute, Upper Rapids (oil on canvas, 12 x 16 in.) Sold

Cooper Marsh Late August

Little Marsh in Limerick